As a Group Travel Specialist, you will be responsible for the creation and development of group trips and sales to German-speaking clients at viventura, Germany's leading tour operator specialized in eco-friendly sustainable trips across South America.
Your mission will be to create innovative, high-quality tours for fair prices by working with local providers and ensuring respect for cultures, people, and nature. Your main focus will be Brazil and Patagonia. You will unite responsible tourism and authentic travel experiences in the destinations that our clients visit. You will provide excellent customer service to our German-speaking clients by email and over the phone.
You will have the option of being based in Berlin or South America. Our headquarters is in Germany, but you can also work from our local offices in Quito, Medellín, Cusco, and La Paz.
Here's a short video of our Travel Specialist Team in Berlin sharing with you why they love South America:
The basics that you bring along
- You have travelled through South America extensively (preferably Brazil and Patagonia)
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport
- Commitment to exceptional customer service, both over the phone and via email
- Able to work comfortably on a variety of tasks using different technologies
- You are a fun person to be around
- German: Oral and written knowledge on a native-speaker level (no less than C1 level) for client communication
- English: Fluent oral and written knowledge
- Spanish: At least basic knowledge for partner communication
You can impress us even more with
- 2+ years experience in the tourism industry, preferably in groups travel
- Prior living experience (e.g. through studies) in Brazil
- Big plus if you know Patagonia and other South American countries
- Basic Amadeus or Sabre knowledge
- Portuguese: Basic knowledge
What awaits you in your job
- As our Mr(s) Brazil, you will be our main point of reference for our Brazil trips
- Create new trips and improve existing trips
- Sell these trips to our German-speaking customers
- Explain and suggest information that our German-speaking customers may need before and after the trip
- Professionally present our travel products to external audiences
- Negotiate contracts with our local partners
- Coordinate reservations with our flights department and our local service providers
What we promise you
- Freedom to be creative in achieving results
- International & friendly working environment
- Quarterly Social Days and Team Events
- Work out of other offices in the ventura network around the world
- Opportunity to constantly learn and grow
- We care about the well-being of our employees (regular O3, satisfaction surveys etc.)
- Yearly 2-week-offsite, if we achieve our goals
- Generous vacation package (e.g. 28 days if based in Berlin)
- Working in a fun, central office in Berlin Kreuzberg 100 m away from the Landwehrkanal
- Weekly team lunch
- Diverse physical and mental health activities such as massages, sports course and meditation
- DRV card for great fares for Lufthansa, DB etc.
- Guaranteed different and challenging tasks everyday
- Participation in the overall company's profits
- Work that makes sense and inspires customers
- Visit our Career Page to get more insights to our office life
We are a network of Group Travel Specialist based in Berlin, who are passionate for South America and the development of eco-friendly sustainable round trips to South American countries. We have a great network of different local partners and providers and our shared goal is to create sustainable and beneficial travel experience for everyone involved. We at viventura enjoy working in a growing company where everybody shares and lives our vision and personally contributes to our success in better environmental practices.
You are looking for a job you love and at the same time you come up to our requirements, are enthusiastic about the responsibilities for this position and on top of that share our values? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application in German.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications at Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR-Software which only grants access to your applications to HR, the Recruiting Manager and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
« Back to jobs list