As IT geek developer you will help us to create, improve and support our infrastructure which we consider to be Top Notch, however the fast growth of our brands also makes the IT team grow, that is the main reason why we want you to be with us in this adventure.
Being part of our IT team you will report directly to the IT Manager, Alfredo, you will be part of a team made up of 9 members, being you the tenth.
Our Medellin Office is home to the IT department, working together Online Products department and Business Intelligence. Please take a look at this Video to get to know the team and the office:
The basics you bring along:
- Web Performance (optimized algorithms, queries and assets)
- RESTFUL API
- High Backend knowledge
- Microservice architecture
- Development with high quality (functional and unit tests)
- Advanced level of English.
You can impress us even more with
- Responsive Design
- CSS Frameworks (stylus/less, sass)
- Frontend technologies (React/Vue + state handlers)
- Ionic/Flutter/React Native
What awaits you in your new job:
- Designing data models, user interface (optimized frontend considering loading time), business logic according to new system requirements.
- Defining system architecture based on Microservices to achieve high quality results (first request and cached system).
- Taking into account: server-side frameworks and client-side frameworks.
- Implementing/Documenting new features based on TDD approach to our current REST API.
- Creating application to manage the travel documents.
- Developing website responsive design according to requirements of UI/UX defined by Designer.
- Participating actively and proactively to each scrum meeting in order to increase knowledge and constantly improve our methodologies.
- Maintaining quality, and respecting the releases schedule.
What we promise you:
- Interesting tasks and goals.
- Freedom to be creative in achieving results.
- Flexibility with regards of place of work and working schedule.
- Possibility to work in other offices in the ventura network around the world (for example in Mexico, Bolivia or Germany).
- Colleagues who are a lot more than just co-workers.
- Competitive salary.
- Participation in the company's profits.
- Good career opportunities within ventura Travel.
- International Team.
- Quarterly social days and Team Events.
- Yearly 2-week-offsite if we achieve our goals
- Goodies like free lunch and sport activities in the office.
- Visit our Career Page to get more insights to our office life
We are a Travel Service Developer. We are a global network of tourism experts, who create, launch and support highly specialized, individually branded travel services. All our services are led by passionate intrapreneurs with an extraordinary travel expertise. By providing financial support, IT, marketing and other services, Ventura Travel allows its brands to focus on their individual core competence while having a highly competitive infrastructure. Our goal: our travel hub replaces ordinary touristic products with authentic travel experiences created by passionate specialists.
You are looking for job you love and at the same time you come up to our requirements, are enthusiastic about the responsibilities for this position and on top of that share our values? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application in English.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications at Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR-Software which only grants access to your applications to HR, the Recruiting Manager and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
« Back to jobs list