Join us at Ventura TRAVEL – a group of specialized travel brands that unleash the adventurer in every person! Puraventura offers authentic, innovative, and sustainable travel experiences in Central America. We want our customers to enjoy the beauty of the continent while experiencing unique and unforgettable adventures.
As our Tour Conductor for Puraventura you will accompany our clients in their dream of discovering Mexico, as well as making their trip an unforgettable lifetime experience! You will join our team of passionate Tour Conductors and report to our Tour Guide Operations Specialist, Federico.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Serve as Viventura host, day-to-day guide, interpreter, and manager to a group of travelers (small size 4-12 people) on a 2-3 weeks all-country trip.
- Provide leadership for our travelers and be responsible for their well-being, ensuring their safety and operating a smooth tour.
- Maintain the established travel itinerary as closely as possible, making changes only when necessary.
- Keep calm even when it gets stressful, act according to the protocol in special circumstances, and provide flexible solutions on your own.
- Make sure that the services delivered by our partners meet our quality, safety, and sustainable standards.
- Keep track of everyday spending, save receipts, and keep expenses under the specified trip budget.
- Simply having a good time and sharing it with people from German or French-speaking countries!
The basics you bring along
- Advanced knowledge of the German or French Language for communication with clients.
- If you aren't Mexican, you have all the right permissions to work/guide in Mexico.
- You have a first Aid/CPR Certification
- Extensive knowledge (and continually increase) of the flora and fauna, history, and current matters in Mexico and the passion to show it
- You are engaging, reliable and well organized.
- Good health, high energy level and positive attitude. We need TC's who can always handle the daily stresses, both mental and physical, of long and tiring days.
- You are the friendly, happy and helpful face of Puraventura
- Practical experience using internet, e-mails and google platforms.
You can impress us even more with
- Good English language communication skills.
- Our clients are more than just customers to you, you treat them like friends and make sure their trip with us will be the best experience they can have.
- You are interested in sustainable, local & authentic travel.
- We prefer that you have some experience, but also welcome the newly graduate too!
What we promise you
- Advance training and development program areas such as languages, history & cultural knowledge, new destination & travel product knowledge, safety & sustainability.
- Opportunity to participate in further education for Tour conductors within the company.
- Competitive salary for each tour, with an increased payment system based on performance.
- Additional earnings for taking over extra work before or after the tour.
- Further, career opportunities such as the possibility to become part of the operational team, travel coordinator for our tour guides, or conductor of research (inspection) trips.
- International & friendly working environment, with colleagues in South Africa, Germany, Asia, and South America who are a lot more than just co-workers.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications at Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR-Software that only grants access to your applications to HR, the Recruiting Manager, and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
« Back to jobs list