Join the travel visionaries! At Ventura, we are united by a passion for sustainable tourism and build brands around niche ideas where we connect travelers to destination experts.
As our Product & Sales Specialist for Safari Bookings, you will help build up a new brand around Safari Lodges & Game Drive Bookings. Our vision is to build a brand, where customers can compare and book a selection of the finest lodges & game drives all over Africa. We only choose partners who follow ethical principles and ensure fair working conditions.
You will report directly to Benno, our Director of Platforms, and work in a young team of travel addicts like yourself. We thrive in our diversity and rely on the perspective and knowledge of people from all backgrounds. Check out this video to get to know our company and your team better.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Develop & grow a new niche travel brand together with Benno, a serial intrapreneur in our company and with the support of the teams in Ventura Travel
- Offer advice to our travelers (by phone and e-mail)
- Choosing partners and communicating with partners
- Work on content for the website: you create new material on a regular basis, or you translate existing texts
- Negotiate the services and prices with the local partners in order to get the best deals for our clients
- Analyze our competitors to constantly improve our products
- Work hand in hand with the Ventura Marketing team on a strategic level to ensure we address the right customers.
- Once the brand has seen success, assemble and lead a team of Africa Safari Booking Specialists
The basics that you bring along
- You have proven work experience in Customer Service
- You are passionate about Africa’s savannas and have rich knowledge in the Safari Tourism business
- You love customer contact, pitching and selling (via email and also phone)
- You’re fun to be around, your future colleagues will enjoy working with you
- Great communication skills, both on a verbal and written level, in English and German or French
- You have a positive, can-do attitude and are proactive in suggesting improvements.
- You care about local communities and the environment
You can impress us even more with
- Good skills in another language, possibly French or German
- Work experience with a CRM system like HubSpot
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics and Data Studio
- Great writing skills
- SEO knowledge
What we promise you
- Freedom to be creative in achieving results.
- A 100% remote job.
- A full-time position with a fixed, solid salary.
- International & friendly working environment.
- Flat hierarchies throughout the company.
- Work out of other offices in the Ventura network around the world.
- Opportunity to constantly learn and grow.
- Open & transparent company culture. Weekly talks with your manager and the other team members.
- Yearly 2-week-offsite, if we achieve our goals.
- Participation in the overall company's profits.
- Possibility to benefit from great travel trade discounts i.e. from Airline partners, Hotels or Trains
- Access to all the data you need.
- Visit our Career Page to get more insights into our office life.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications at Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR-Software which only grants access to your applications to HR, the Recruiting Manager and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
« Back to jobs list