Join us at Ventura TRAVEL – a group of specialized travel brands that unleash the adventurer in every person! Our brand Indico Travels brings solo travelers aged 30-45 years old together, so they can explore the world together.
As our intern, you will become a key member of Indico Travels’ team and while helping us grow the brand. You will report to Sina, the brand director and founder of Indico Travels. You will be the main contact for many of our travelers, and take on responsibility for sales of some of our group tours. You’ll be founder Sina’s right-hand person in a range of tasks, from admin to larger projects, and will get a front row seat to how to grow a new brand.
Your daily tasks will include answering customer queries and following up on sales interest. You will be on top of sales numbers for your assigned tours and work with Sina and the marketing team to boost sales where needed. You’ll update the website where necessary, and work with Sina on ad hoc or larger projects to further Indico Travels success. Like all Ventura employees, you will go the extra mile to deliver unique adventures. Meet Sina in this introductory video:
Your main responsibilities will be
- Customer service: Answering questions, pitching and selling our tours to travelers
- Taking responsibility for several of our tours, keeping track of sales, discussing marketing initiatives and communicating with our foreign partners
- Making sure our website is up-to-date and attractive to customers
- Completing competitor analysis and research
- Generally being Indico Travels’ founder Sina’s right-hand person and supporting her in a broad variety of tasks to further the brand’s growth
- Depending on your skills and interests as well as our brand needs we’d love you to get involved in: Brainstorming new marketing/promotion ideas, developing and launching new tours, creating content for the website and/or social media, seeking PR and press contacts
Note: This is a full-time internship, that means 40h per week.
The basics you bring along
- You have a positive, can-do attitude, and are proactive in suggesting improvements.
- You love customer contact, pitching and selling (via email and also phone).
- You are conscientious, reliable and fulfil tasks on time.
- You care about local communities and the environment.
- You can write and speak in (near) perfect English (C1/C2 level)
- You’re registered as a student at a German university and MUST complete an internship (Pflichtpraktikum) as part of your studies.
You can impress us even more with
- You can understand the needs of 30-45 year-old solo travelers (even if you’re not one yourself).
- German or other language skills very welcome.
- Sales experience.
- Curiosity about brand building.
- Experience in planning trips or events.
- Skilled at writing.
What we promise you
- The possibility to help create and shape a new brand.
- Opportunity to grow your skillset and broaden your experience as the brand grows.
- Office in Berlin’s trendy Kreuzberg neighbourhood (we’re open to discussing remote work options too).
- Potential long term contract after successful completion of the internship.
- Freedom to be creative in achieving results.
- International & friendly working environment.
- Quarterly Social Days and Team Events.
- Work out of other offices in the Ventura network around the world.
- Opportunity to constantly learn and grow.
- We care about the well-being of our employees (regular O3, satisfaction surveys etc)
- Visit our Career Page to get more insights into our office life.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications at Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR-Software that only grants access to your applications to HR, the Recruiting Manager, and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
« Back to jobs list