Join us at Ventura TRAVEL – a group of specialized travel brands that unleash the adventurer in every person! As the Finance Department, our mission is to provide stakeholders with accurate, useful and prompt financial information.
As our Director of Finance, your main goal will be our company's long-term health and growth. To that end, you will ensure smooth financial operations by identifying solutions to financial issues and delivering accurate, timely reports.
You will report to Erick, our Integrator/Head of Business Operations. As Director of Finance, you will be part of the Ventura Travel Executive Team and therefore have a say in all strategic decisions made by the company. In that context, you will serve as our main counselor for our long-term goal – launching our own IPO by 2028.
You will lead a team of 3 finance specialists, all working remotely from South America. In addition, you will often work with several external financial consultants and accountants. Your working language will be English. Check this video to meet the team:
Your main responsibilities will be
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Communicate effectively with other departments to define their budget requirements and identify opportunities and issues in spending.
- With your team, prepare detailed reports on the company’s financial performance.
- Guarantee compliance with all relevant laws and guidelines.
- Hire and develop the best: recruit and coach excellent finance specialists that outperform the competition.
- Play an impactful role in our yearly Strategy Meetings by identifying must-haves to fulfill our long-term vision.
The basics you bring along
- Formal education and at least 5 years of experience in finance and accounting.
- Exceptional accounting software skills (e.g., DATEV) and Google spreadsheets.
- Proactive personality and team player.
- Determined to deliver tasks and projects on time.
- You don't take processes as a given, but improve them.
- Fluent in BOTH German and English.
You can impress us even more with
- Managerial experience.
- Start date as soon as possible.
- Data software experience (e.g., Tableau or Data Studio).
- Basic or conversational Spanish.
What we promise you
- Freedom to be creative in achieving results.
- International & friendly working environment.
- Quarterly Social Days and Team Events.
- Work out of other offices in the Ventura network around the world.
- Opportunity to constantly learn and grow.
- We care about the well-being of your employees (regular O3, satisfaction surveys, etc.)
- Yearly 3-week-offsite, if we achieve our goals.
- Participation in the overall company's profits.
- Visit our Career Page to get more insights into our office life.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications to Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR-Software which only grants access to your applications to HR, the recruiting manager and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
« Back to jobs list