As our Director of Finance you will ensure that our finance department works smoothly and delivers accurate financial reports on time. Your team is spread across different offices internationally and your working language will be English. As Director of Finance you will be part of the Ventura Travel Executive Team and therefore have a say in all strategic decisions made by the company.
You will report directly to our CEO, Andre Kiwitz, and will head up a team of 3 finance specialists as well as working closely with several external financial consultants and accountants.
The basics you bring along
- You have 4+ years experience in finance & accounting
- Formal education in accounting & finance
- Excellent accounting software skills (e.g. DATEV) and Google Spreadsheets
- Fluent in English and German
- Proactive personality & team player
- Determined to deliver tasks & projects on time
- You don't take processes as a given but improve them
You can impress us even more with
- Conversational Spanish skills
- Managerial experience
- Start date as soon as possible
- Data software experience (e.g. Tableau or Data Studio)
Responsibilities awaiting you
- Responsible for monthly account balancing and financial reporting
- Direct management responsibility for team working on account receivables & payables and controlling their open balances
- Ensures accuracy in booking of all business transactions and accruals into DATEV
- Delivers monthly reporting of cost center accounting and analysis of plan deviations
- Provides monthly profitability reporting to all brands/intrapreneurs
- Responsible for tax issues like VAT report to German authorities
- Ensures balance sheet year end closing
- Plays active role in companies executive team & strategic decisions
What we promise you
- International & friendly working environment
- Surrounded by highly capable & motivated professionals
- Freedom to be creative in achieving results
- Opportunity to constantly learn and grow with new challenges
Quarterly Social Days and Team Events
Work out of other offices in the Ventura network around the world
- We care about the well being of our employees (regular O3, satisfaction surveys etc.)
- Yearly 2-week-offsite, if we achieve our goals
- Participation in the overall company's profits
- 28 vacation days
- Access to travel trade discounts for your own traveling
- Visit our Career Page to get more insights to our office life
We are a Travel Service Developer. We are a global network of tourism experts who create, launch and support highly specialized, individually branded travel services. All our services are led by passionate intrapreneurs with an extraordinary travel expertise. By providing financial support, IT, marketing and other services, Ventura Travel allows its brands to focus on their individual core competence while having a highly competitive infrastructure. Our goal: our travel hub will replace ordinary mass tourism offerings with authentic travel experiences created by passionate specialists.
Are you looking for a job you love? Do you meet the mentioned requirements, are you enthusiastic about the responsibilities held by this position and on top of that you share our values? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application in English.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications to Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR-Software which only grants access to your applications to HR, the recruiting manager and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
« Back to jobs list