Join us at Ventura TRAVEL – a group of specialized travel brands that unleash the adventurer in every person! At Polartours, our mission is to become the worldwide reference for sustainable expedition cruises to our planet's beautiful polar regions.
As a Remote- English-speaking Polar Expedition Specialist, you will sell a dream product: small-ship expedition cruises to Antarctica and the Arctic. You will be reporting directly to Polartours' founder, Benno. We thrive in our diversity and rely on the perspectives and knowledge of people from all backgrounds.
On a daily basis, you will
- Advise potential clients and help them plan their trip by answering questions and making them aware of their different trip options via email, phone and video chat.
- Communicate with our providers to confirm prices, block spaces and negotiate deals for our customers.
- Update information on our web page, for example about our trips, but also animal species, blog posts etc.
- Work together with and consult our marketing team on how to best market your trips.
- Think about ways we can improve our client's experience, both before and after a sale was made.
The basics you bring along
- You have proven work experience in customer service roles.
- You are passionate about, and have proven work experience in the field of polar expedition cruises
- Your English is amazing - either a native speaker or near-native (C2 in written+spoken).
- You enjoy writing inspiring content in English.
- Access to a guaranteed high-speed internet connection and a quiet work environment where you can concentrate fully.
- Ability to work 8-hour shifts aligned to EST time zone.
- A passion for fair and sustainable business and tourism.
- Team player with exceptional internal and external communication skills.
You can impress us even more with
- Speak a second or even third language (German or French would be great!).
- Experience in content-writing
- SEO knowledge
- Experience in the startup world
What we promise you
- A fascinating job with a steep learning curve.
- True remote working*.
- An expedition cruise to Antarctica or the Arctic after your trial period (6 months).
- A fixed contract, either as a freelancer or an employee with a German working contract.
- After 1 year, an unlimited contract.
- A yearly offsite with the other team members from Ventura Platforms (currently Galapatours and Polartours).
- Freedom to be creative in achieving results.
- No rigid hierarchy. The best ideas are what matter, whether you are the boss or an intern.
- Financial profit sharing for all employees.
- A friendly and international team environment.
- Work that makes sense and will inspire your customers.
- Quarterly social days and team events should you choose to work from one of our physical offices.
- Constant opportunities to learn and grow.
- An employer that cares about the well-being of its people (regular one-on-ones, satisfaction surveys etc.)
- Additionally, a yearly offsite with the whole Ventura team (100 people) if we achieve our goals.
- Excellent training opportunities and individually-tailored objectives.
- Visit our careers page to get more insights into our office life.
Unlike some other employers, with Polartours, you are completely free to work from anywhere in the world, as you are able to serve your customers within the EST time zone. You are always welcome to work from one of our many physical offices worldwide, for example in Medellín (Colombia), Quito (Ecuador), Cuzco (Peru), Cape Town (South Africa), or our headquarters in Kreuzberg, the hip center of Berlin. Of course, visits to the Polar Regions will be necessary and welcome (see "What we promise you").
Polartours.com is an online booking platform for expedition Cruises to Antarctica and the Arctic. We offer the world’s only one-stop-shop platform that carries information on every ship and their traveling dates. We provide travelers with an unparalleled personal comparison service. Our customers come from all over the world, about 75% of our sales are made in English, but we also offer support in French and German. Most of our customer service is done through email, but we strive to talk to our customers over the phone and video calls as much as possible. It's simply more personal, more fun and direct!
If you share our values, you’re looking for a job you can love and are enthusiastic about the responsibilities of this position, then we’d love to receive your application in English. Please include a motivation letter, in which you detail why you think you're the right person for this job.
Confidentiality: Applications at Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR system that only grants access to applications to the HR and the Recruiting Managers.
« Back to jobs list