Join us at Ventura TRAVEL - a group of specialised travel brands that unleash the adventurer in everyone! At Polartours our mission is to become the global reference for sustainable travel to the Antarctica or the Arctic.
As an English-speaking Polar Expedition Specialist at Polartours, you will be selling a dream product: exclusive expedition cruises to Antarctica and the Arctic.
You will report directly to Benno, our director of booking platforms and work with a growing international team surrounded by exceptional, caring, and passionate individuals.
On a daily basis, you will
- Advise potential clients and help them plan their trip by answering questions and making them aware of their different trip options via email, phone and video chat.
- Communicate with our providers to confirm prices, block spaces and negotiate deals for our customers.
- Work together with and consult our marketing team on how to best market your trips.
- Think about ways we can improve our client's experiences, both before and after a sale is made.
The basics you bring along
- A passionate salesperson with at least 3+ years of experience and clear sales results.
- Ability to work 8-hour shifts aligned to US time zones, preferably Pacific Time zone
- You know how to prioritize and say "no"
- Native or near-native English + another language (idea: German or French), also near-native or C2
- An ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced startup environment.
- A passion for fair and sustainable business and tourism.
- Team player with exceptional internal and external communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
You can impress us even more with
- Speak a third language
- You are passionate about, and have visited Antarctica or the Arctic.
- Ideal: You have already worked in Polar Expedition Sales before.
What we promise you
- Freedom to be creative in achieving results.
- International & friendly working environment.
- Quarterly Social Days and Team Events.
- Work out of other offices in the Ventura network around the world.
- Opportunity to constantly learn and grow.
- We care about the well-being of your employees (regular O3, satisfaction surveys etc.)
- Yearly 2-week-offsite, if we achieve our goals.
- Participation in the overall company's profits.
- Visit our Career Page to get more insights into our office life.
You are completely free to work from anywhere in the world, but we must insist that you work within US time zones, ideally Pacific Time. The reason: 90% of our clients are from the Americas. You are always welcome to work from one of our many physical offices around the world, such as Medellín (Colombia), Quito (Ecuador), Cuzco (Peru), Cape Town (South Africa), or our headquarters in Kreuzberg, the hip center of Berlin. Of course, visits to Antarctica or the Arctic are necessary and welcome (see "What we promise you").
Polartours.com is an online booking platform for expedition cruises to Antarctica and the Arctic. We offer the world’s only one-stop-shop platform that carries information on every ship and their traveling dates. We provide travelers with an unparalleled personal comparison service. Our customers come from all over the world, about 75% of our sales are made in English, but we also offer support in French, German and Spanish. Most of our customer service is done through email, but we strive to talk to our customers over the phone and video calls as much as possible. It's simply more personal, more fun and direct!
If you share our values, you’re looking for a job you can love and are enthusiastic about the responsibilities of this position, then we’d love to receive your application in English. Please include a motivation letter, in which you detail why you think you're the right person for this job.
Confidentiality: Applications at Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR system that only grants access to applications to the HR and the Recruiting Managers.
« Back to jobs list