As an English- and German-speaking Product & Sales Specialist for Galapatours.com you will sell a dream travel product: exclusive, sustainable cruises onboard small, mostly very luxurious yachts around the Galápagos Archipelago. Your main task will be to advise potential clients planning a Galápagos trip by making them aware of their different options on the phone, via chat and email.
You'll join a fast-growing startup, with a vision to create the world’s leading platform for sustainable tourism in Galápagos. Founded and backed by Ventura TRAVEL, our young international team of travel addicts is passionate about replacing mass tourism with authentic experiences. We’re determined to play our part in allowing people to experience these remarkable islands while preserving them as one of the most special places on Earth.
One of the most attractive aspects of this job is that you will be joining a small team who all work completely remotely*. At the moment, the Galapatours team is three strong. We have Thomas (a US-German, currently living in Portugal), Delphine (a German, currently living in Costa Rica) and Benno, the founder. Benno has his base in Berlin, but travels constantly and is more likely to be in India, Asia or South America than in Berlin when you first speak to him. This video below, for instance, was recorded in Honduras:
Our minimum requirements:
- You have proven work experience in Customer Service roles;
- English language - either a native speaker or a fluent written and spoken additional language;
- German language - either a native speaker or a fluent written and spoken additional language;
- Access to a guaranteed high-speed internet connection and a quiet work environment that allows you to concentrate fully;
- Ability to work 8-hour days aligned to US time zones;
- A passion for fair and sustainable business and tourism;
- Team player with exceptional internal and external communication skills.
A big plus if you also:
- Are able to work in the US time zone (most of our customers are from the US);
- Speak a third language (French would be great!);
- Have visited the Galápagos Islands already;
- Have some experience with SEO / content writing.
What we promise you:
- A fascinating job with a steep learning curve;
- True location-independent working*;
- Freedom to be creative in achieving results;
- No rigid hierarchy. Competence wins with every question. No matter if you are a boss or an intern.
- We make the best of what we have available. Not the second-best, and not the third-best.
- Financial profit sharing for all employees
- We have no competition. We compete with no one, wish no one bad things and hate no one.
- A friendly and international team environment;
- Work that makes sense and will inspire your customers;
- Quarterly Social Days and Team Events should you choose to work from one of our physical offices;
- Constant opportunities to learn and grow;
- An employer that cares about the well-being of its people (regular one-on-ones, satisfaction surveys etc.)
- Yearly off-site with the whole team if we achieve our goals;
- Excellent training opportunities and individually-tailored objectives;
- Weekly team lunch should you choose to work from one of our physical offices;
- Physical and mental health activities such as massages, sports courses and meditation should you choose to work from one of our physical offices. Visit our Careers Page to get more insights into our office life.
*Location independent working
Unlike some other employers, with Galapatours, you are completely free to work from wherever you want as long as you serve your customers within the US time zone. You are always welcome to work from one of our many physical offices worldwide, for example in Mérida (Mexico), Medellín (Colombia), Quito (Ecuador) or Cuzco (Peru). Of course, visits to the Galápagos Islands will be necessary and welcome.
Galapatours.com is an online booking portal for cruises around the Galápagos Islands. We offer the world’s only one-stop-shop platform that carries information on every ship and their travelling dates. We provide travelers with an unparalleled personal comparison service. Its team members all know the Galápagos Islands and the ships personally and will gladly assist you with any question you have about your dream holiday.
If you share our values, you’re looking for a job you can love and are enthusiastic about the responsibilities of this position then we’d love to receive your application in English.
Confidentiality: Applications at VenturaTRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR system which only grants access to applications to the HR and the Recruiting Managers.
« Back to jobs list