As a Product & Sales Specialist for MiAventura you will design and sell amazing group trips for German speaking solo travellers between 30-45 years of age. MiAventura is a new travel brand from the Ventura Travel family and is officially launching in early 2020. We will offer trips to destinations all over the world - and we need someone like you to help us organise those trips and sell them to clients.
You would be the first person on the MiAventura team beside the founder, Sina, so you will be a key member of the team and can experience what it means to create a brand from scratch. Your key job is to plan trips that are perfect for our target audience, to sell them by writing attractive content for our website interacting with our clients by phone, email and social media, and to process bookings. If you notice your sales are slowing, you´ll need to be proactive and creative about thinking of solutions - perhaps you´ll create a social media competition with marketing? In addition to those skills, we are looking for a versatile team player who is interested in trying themselves in other tasks that a new brand can require, for example pitching the brand at events. We´d love to find someone who is ready to take on responsibility and show creativity as we define and establish this new brand.
Behind MiAventura is our experienced mother company, Ventura Travel, so we work in an office with international colleagues from other brands (Viventura, Japaventura..) and we benefit from the experience and infrastructure that an established company brings. The marketing and IT team will support us in achieving our goals, but it´s down to us form the beating heart of MiAventura and drive our business forward.
The basics you bring along
- You speak fluent German, and very good English
- You can write engaging texts in German
- You understand the needs of our target audience, 30-45 year-old solo travellers
- You are passionate about travel and convey that to others
- You are good at pitching
- You´re confident representing MiAventura and its values towards clients and suppliers on the phone, per email or in person
- You are organised and good at time management
- You stay calm under pressure
- You are good at planning activities
- You take pride in your work and pay attention to detail where necessary
- You are good with customers and get on well with colleagues
- You´re a quick thinker and connected thinker (you realise when things impact others)
- You have a positive attitude and are happy to help out wherever needed
- You take full responsibility for your area of work, and pro-actively address issues
- You´re available to work in Berlin, but are happy and able to travel for work regularly
What awaits you in your new job
- You are responsible for the presentation of our travel products (on our website or social media)
- You create trips to new destinations, alongside locals partners, and optimise existing trips
- You offer advice to our customers before and after the trip (by phone and e-mail)
- You analyse our competitors to constantly improve our products
- You process bookings and coordinate with internal departments where necessary (marketing, finance, IT)
- You keep track of sales for your trips and find creative ways to improve them
- You help promote MiAventura as a new brand by representing it at events, writing online content
What we promise you
- The possibility to help create and shape a new brand
- Opportunity to grow your skillset and broaden your experience as the brand grows
- Ability to travel for work (e.g. join some of the trips you organise)
- Possibility to occasionally work from other offices in the Ventura network around the world (Colombia, Bolivia..)
- International & friendly working environment
- Quarterly Social Days and Team Events
- We care about the well-being of our employees (regular 1-2-1 meetings, satisfaction surveys etc.)
- Yearly 3-week-offsite abroad if we achieve our company goals
- Working in a fun, central office in Berlin Kreuzberg, 100 m away from the Landwehrkanal
- 28 days of vacation
- Weekly team lunch and back course in the office
- Visit our Career Page to get more insights to our office life
MiAventura aims to empower solo travellers in their 30s and 40s to have the trips of their lifetime - even if their friends or partner aren´t available to join them. We organise group trips to destinations all over the world for 6-12 people at a time, in cooperation with local tour operators. The first trips will go to Colombia and an Asian destination (still secret). These trips are already organised and the pilot trip (takes place end of January) is sold out. We are starting by targeting the German speaking market and will launch our website end of January 2020.
You are looking for job you love and at the same time you come up to our requirements, are enthusiastic about the responsibilities for this position and on top of that share our values? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application in English or German.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications at Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR-Software which only grants access to your applications to HR, the Recruiting Manager and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
« Back to jobs list