Join us at Ventura TRAVEL – a group of specialized travel brands that unleash the adventurer in every person! Japaventura offers authentic, innovative, and sustainable travel experiences in Japan. We want our customers to enjoy the beauty of the country while living unique and unforgettable adventures.
Can you imagine being paid for travel? Do you want to share your passion for Japan with our customers? Are you a responsible, reliable person with ample energy? Would you like to travel through Japan, make unique experiences, and work for a company that has strong core values?
As our Tour Guide for Japaventura, you will accompany our clients in their dream of discovering Japan as well as making their trip an unforgettable lifetime experience! You will join our team of passionate Tour Conductors and report directly to the Executive Director of Japaventura.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Be the leader of the trip: you will lead a group of travelers (small size 4-12 persons) to a 2-3 weeks all-country trip and stay with the group as a host of the trip and the representative of our company.
- Provide clear information about the places we visit and conveying your enthusiasm for this fascinating country.
- Be the first personal contact for our customers in case of any problem during the trip.
- Ensure the safety of our travelers and operating a smooth tour.
- Help monitor that the services delivered by our partners meet our quality, safety, and sustainable standards.
- Simply having a good time and sharing it with people from German or French speaking countries!
The basics you bring along
- Passion to show the authentic culture and people of Japan to travelers.
- Advanced knowledge of the German or French Language for communication with clients.
- Very good knowledge of Japanese Language is a must to support the organization of our tours.
- You are available to fly to Japan to deliver the trips once or twice a year (according to your availability)
- Extensive knowledge of history, traditions, daily life, and current matters in Japan.
You can impress us even more with
- Good English Language communication skills. (preferred not required)
- You are engaged, reliable, and really well organized.
- You are characterized by openness, cheerfulness, willingness to help, and positive charisma.
- Our clients are more than just customers to you, you treat them like friends and make sure their trip with us will be the best experience they can have.
- You keep calm even when it gets stressful, act according to the protocol in special circumstances, and can help out with flexible solutions on your own.
- You are interested in sustainable, local & authentic travel.
- We prefer that you have some experience, but also welcome the newly graduate too!
What we promise you
- Advance training and development program in areas such as languages, history & cultural knowledge, new destination & travel product knowledge, safety & sustainability
- Opportunity to participate in further education for Tour Conductors within the company.
- Competitive salary for each tour, with an increased payment system based on performance.
- Additional earnings for taking over extra mini-jobs before and after the tour.
- Further, career opportunities such as the possibility to become an operation team, or the travel coordinator for our tour guides, or conductor of research (inspection) trips
- International & friendly working environment, with colleagues in Asia, France, Germany, and South America who are a lot more than just co-workers.
Confidentiality & Diversity
Applications at Ventura TRAVEL are treated with strict confidentiality. We use a professional HR-Software that only grants access to your applications to HR, the Recruiting Manager, and the interviewers.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
« Back to jobs list