As a VSocial Foundation volunteer you will be part of an organization that believes in solidarity and collective work to improve the quality of life for many people around the world. You will be able to share your life experiences with communities that are working for the local development of their territories. You can be part of teams of rural and indigenous community organizations and also learn from their cultures. Your work will be focused on some specific tasks that will be arranged with the community in which you would volunteer and thus be able to achieve milestones for the project during the length of your stay.
As a volunteer you will report both to the community project where you volunteer and to the VSF coordinator. Your work team will be all the people of the community project who will treat you as one more member of the family. You will be received in a family accommodation so the immersion is absolute. The learnings will be day to day and it will surely change your life, just like you to the members of the project that you would support.
The basics that you bring along
- Average skills of the Spanish language
- Sincere interest in contributing your knowledge to one of the projects we have in Latin America.
- Desire to learn from other cultures.
- Willingness to perform various jobs in the community where you volunteer.
- Be willing to lead a proposal to support the community project and be autonomous to achieve the proposed goals.
- Very good skills to communicate and interact with others.
- Be a generator of dreams and ideas in the project where you volunteer
- Be an ambassador of our projects in the world.
What awaits you in your new job
- Develop an independent volunteer plan with achievable goals for length of time at the project
- Write reports on the progress of volunteering and proposals to improve our impact on communities.
- Comply with the goals that are agreed with the community project.
- Carry out a few hours of work per week to be agreed with the community project.
- Always be proactive to improve the capabilities of the community project.
- Immerse yourself in the culture of the territory where you volunteer
- Connect with diverse organizational and institutional actors that allow the project to advance in the best way.
- Keep the project coordinator and the foundation informed about the progress of the project.
What we promise you
- Confidence that you will do a good job in the community project
- Direct contact with the project to define the goals of volunteering.
- Assistance for you to get a good accommodation that guarantees safety and tranquility
- Support from the foundation coordinator so you can achieve your goals.
- opportunity to publish your experiences to share them with the world and make your results visible.
- Participation in the activities of each of the community projects.
« Back to jobs list